JOIN THE SYMPHONY
The North Carolina Symphony invites you to be a part of a new initiative called One State One Score—with the inspiring “Ode to Joy” from Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9 arranged for many different instruments and skill levels.
This video project will bring people of all ages across North Carolina together (virtually!) in a collective arts experience. Just pick a score for your favorite instrument and your experience level, then create and submit your video. We will feature as many as we can in our final compilation.
All art forms are welcome!
We want to see and hear what you love, from traditional orchestra instruments like violins and flutes to synthesizers, electric guitars, and banjos.
Stay tuned for video tutorials and tips for practicing your part!
If you are a visual artist or dancer, we invite you to submit your original artwork or choreography to go along with this music! Here’s a recording of the melody for inspiration.
- Review the tools and tips on the download page to help you look and sound your best.
- Download the music that works for you. We have Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced scores for a variety of instruments, plus vocal scores in English and in German if you would like to sing.
- Set your metronome to 132 bpm. If you need one, you can find a free online metronome here.
- Make a video to share the music!
- If your video is larger than 25MB, please upload to a file-sharing service such as Google Drive or Dropbox and include the link in your submission form.
- Teachers: You are welcome to submit a group recording of your class. Just be sure to set your metronome to 132 bpm, and upload to a file-sharing service.
Deadline: Monday, March 1, 2021
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com