CONCERTS IN YOUR COMMUNITY
This summer, the North Carolina Symphony will present eight free outdoor concerts in communities across the state. Beginning with a program featuring some of the world’s best-loved and most popular music from the movies, May 31-June 13, and including the Symphony’s popular free Independence Day concerts, July 1, 3 & 4, these “Concerts in Your Community” showcase the Symphony’s role as the state orchestra of North Carolina.
The first set of free concerts feature Music Director Grant Llewellyn and Resident Conductor William Henry Curry in a program of lively music “At the Movies.” Concertgoers in Chapel Hill, New Bern, Tarboro, Washington and Jacksonville will enjoy fantastic movie music including “Raiders March” from Indiana Jones and the swashbuckling excitement of Pirates of the Caribbean, along with music from Diamonds Are Forever, the stirring theme from Out of Africa and "Music from Titanic," among many others.
At the Movies
- Friday, May 31, 7:30pm, Southern Village, Chapel Hill
- Sunday, June 2, 7:30pm, Tryon Palace, New Bern
- Thursday, June 6, 7pm, Town Common, Tarboro
- Sunday, June 9, 7:30pm, Festival Park, Washington
- Thursday, June 13, 7:30pm, Riverwalk Crossing Park, Jacksonville
Free “Independence Day” Performances
- Monday, July 1, 8:00pm, Festival Park, Fayetteville
- Wednesday, July 3, 8:30pm, Lake Benson Park, Garner
- Thursday, July 4, 7:30pm, Booth Amphitheatre, Cary
Keihin Carolina Systems Technology Foundation
Marine Chevrolet Cadillac
Marine Federal Credit Union
The Businesses of Market Street, Southern Village
Mine Safety Appliances Co.
Modern Exterminating Co.
Onslow County Tourism
Onslow Memorial Hospital
Reed Lallier Chevrolet
Southern Village Homeowners Association
Tarboro Savings Bank
Vidant Edgecombe Hospital
Dr. and Mrs. Timothy Edwards
In memory of Earl L. Roberson by Ronald G. Ellis
Local Government Partners
Town of Cary
City of Fayetteville
Town of Garner
Statewide Partnership and Support